Details: Prep Time = 10 minutes. Cooking Time =5-7 hrs. Serves = 4
Today was very productive, I made my first ever toffee apples, my first ever slow cooker loaf and this delicious soup. I Love half term.
Bread in the slow cooker so glad I tried it. Now I just got to get the recipe right. This was nice but I think I used too much yeast and not enough salt I’m going to get it perfect before putting it on here.
NB when preparing ingredients those in the same colour can be mixed in the same bowl as they are used in the cooking process at the same time. Those in black are to remain separate.
- 2 Onion Chopped finely.
- 2 cloves Garlic smashed and chopped roughly.
- 450g of Carrots About 7 carrots.
- 1 Potato.
- 1 Sweet potato. (paleo use 2 sweet potatoes instead)
- 300ml Veg stock.
- Juice of two oranges and zest to grate into pot.
Always lightly oil the Hot Pot before use, this helps with cleaning and preservation of the Hot Pot.
- Put all the ingredients into the Slow Cooker/Hot Pot. Put on low for 5-7 hrs until the veg and potatoes are soft.
- Turn of the slow cooker allow to cool a little then and blend soup (I use a stick blended in the pot) Blend in your usual way. It can still be hot so be carefull.
- Return to slow cooker and put on low until desired heat.
- Serve with hot crusty bread.
I serve this with bread I made in the slow cooker. The soup was sooo yum. The bread however is a work in progress.
NB: This is posted under Milk/Egg/Tomato/Soya/Gluten free, and Paleo. For Gluten free/paleo dont serve with bread. Also for paleo use 2 sweet potatoes. Instead of one of each.