Details: Prep Time = 15 minutes. Cooking Time = 6-8 hrs low 4-5 high Serves = 4
I set this down in front of the kids, I always except one of them to complain but they both grabbed there spoons, and declared yes I’m going to make patterns. When I brought in the otaly cream they where in there element. So they played making patterns while it cooled and at some point they tried it and both whopped the lot. When they where about half way thorough. I brought out the tiger bread (if I had let them see that at the start they wouldn’t of tried the soup till I made them.)
The tricks we have to play to make the kids eat. Both of them are really good eaters but sometimes getting that first mouth-full in is a challenge. However this time of yr with father Christmas flying about spying on naughty children life is a lot easier. I think next yr Farther Christmas will be watching children eat well and behave from as early as March or February.
NB when preparing ingredients those in the same colour can be mixed in the same bowl as they are used in the cooking process at the same time. Those in black are to remain separate.
- 1 Small Onion Chopped finely.
- 1 clove of Garlic smashed and chopped roughly.
- 2 Potatoes chopped into bite sized chunks (try to make them the same size for even cooking)
- 750g of Carrots, (that’s about 11 average sized carrots)
- 1 tbsp dried leaf coriander or 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- 500-800 ml veg stock. (this is your preference I recommend cooking it with 500 ml and then once blended you can add more HOT stock to your preference of thick or thin soup) I used 700 ml And it was perfect.
- 2 tsp of fresh lemon juice.
- a Good Handful of Fresh Coriander, and save a little to garnish.
- a swirl of cream to add to taste. (Optional) I used Oatly for my kids. (Oatly is a dairy and soy free cream available in most supermarkets) Alpro soya or single cream is fine depends on you, or honestly I like just as it is. And its better for you.
Always lightly oil the Hot Pot before use this helps with cleaning and preservation of the Hot Pot.
- Add all the ingredients Onion, Garlic, Potato, Carrots, Coriander and stock Into the pot season well. Cover on low for 6-8 hrs (until soft).
- Turn of the power and squeeze in your lemon juice. Allow to cool a little add a handful of fresh coriander leaves, I used a good handful with stems as I love coriander. Blend in your usual way. (I use a stick blender in the pot. If you use this method It will be hot and may splash and burn so be careful).
- Once blended you may want to add more stock to get this to your perfect consistency. I used a extra 200 ml and it was perfect once stirred or blended in. Add more season to taste and turn on low or high depending when you need to eat. Serve when piping hot through.
- Put the cream of choice in a pot and let everyone add what they like or not.
I serve this with fresh tiger bread.
NB: This is posted under Milk/Egg/Tomato/Soya/Gluten free, and Paleo. For Paleo and gluten free don’t serve with bread there are lots of alternatives on the market.
To use this as a meal which may help aid in weight loss read here first. http://www.hotpothoney.co.uk/healthy-bites-in-the-slow-cooker/