Details: Prep Time = 10 minutes. Cooking Time =4/6 Serves=4
I really enjoyed this dish. I know it would have been so much nicer with Parmasan or gruyere cheese. I wanted the whole family to enjoy it so I made it all allergy friendly for my boy so we all had the soya cheese.
The Tesco soya cheese is really superb if you need a free from cheddar style cheese. Here is a picture as its hard to find. and the picture on the front doesn’t really help.
NB when preparing ingredients those in the same colour can be mixed in the same bowl as they are used in the cooking process at the same time. Those in black are to remain separate.
- 1 Aubergine, thin slices keeping the shape of the Aubergine.
- 1 tbls of Oil to cook, May need more less use as little as you can.
- 1 courgette.
- 3 tomato. Chopped nice slices.
- A good handful of fresh Basil. chopped roughly.
- 2 garlic cloves. chopped Finley
- 1 slice of bread, Crumbled (bread crumbs)
- 60g of cheese (Parmesan would be great if diet allows or a gruyere cheese. (I used a soya cheddar from Tesco the best alternative cheese I have found).
- Basil leaves to garnish.
Always lightly oil the Hot Pot before use this helps with cleaning and preservation of the Hot Pot.
- Heat a large heavy sided frying pan medium high heat, As you pop in the Aubergine slices brush them lightly with oil, (do in batches) let each side brown then turn over. Pop the cooked ones on a plate on tissue paper.
- Now your going to layer it up like a lasagna, I like this bit.
- A layer of Aubergine, Tomato, sprinkle of basil/garlic,lightly season, courgette, bread crumb/garlic mix and cheese.
- Repeat until all used and on the top add more cheese. I did two layers.
- Turn on low for 4-6 hrs.
- serve as it is a one pot meal.
I serve this with chips for the kids but just as it was for the grown ups.
NB: This is posted under Milk/Egg/free