Details: Prep Time = 15 minutes. Cooking Time = 3.5 hrs high, 5-6 on low. Serves = 4
I have had the Lamb for this in the fridge for a week but didn’t fancy it. Last time I had a Lamb kebab from a chip shop I was 20 something and tipsy to say the least. Theirs no doubting they are tasty but so bad for you, this way using lean lamb all the fat is left in the SC and its not so bad for you. Depending what you choose to serve it with.
The kids loved it (no hot sauce for them tho) and I think Neil was surprised, he totally loved it. He said ‘it was very Kebaby’ I think that’s a compliment.
Love making the FakeAway dishes.
NB when preparing ingredients those in the same colour can be mixed in the same bowl as they are used in the cooking process at the same time. Those in black are to remain separate.
- 1 tsp Oregano.
- 1/2 tsp Italian Season.
- 1 tsp Salt.
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper.
- 2 tsp Cumin.
- 2 Garlic cloves, Crushed then chopped very very finely.
- 1 bird eye Chili chopped very very finely.
- 1 sm brown Onion chopped very very finely.
- 500g Lean minced Lamb.
Always lightly oil the Hot Pot before use this helps with cleaning and preservation of the Hot Pot.
- Add the Oregano, Italian Season, Salt, Pepper, Cumin, Garlic, Chili and Onion into a bowl.
- Add the minced Lamb and mix like never before mix, fold, pound trying to remove all air bubbles till you have a perfect almost dough of lamb.
- Pop in the slow-cooker/Hot Pot on high for 3.5 hrs, low for 5-6 hrs. (it can go to far quite fast unlike most slow cooking so try to stick to these times or be around it can crumble if left to long.)
- Remove and slice as thinly as you can, I did mine quite thick for thinner traditional try using a potato peeler. depends how you want it.
I serve this stuffed into a lightly toasted pita bread with Mint sauce, Mayonnaise, Tomatoes, lettuce, Chilly sauce and chopped coriander.
Obviously for milk egg free use a free from mayo (easy to get most health food shops). I use ‘Organic Egg free Mayo’ catchy name…
NB: This is posted under Milk/Egg/Tomato/Soya/gluten free. For gluten free/Paleo serve with a free from bread. Or a sweet potato Jacket.