Details: Prep Time = 5 minutes. Cooking Time = 12 Minutes Serves = 4
My third microwave rice, I love how simple it is and you can add any flavors. Im soo happy to have found this. I did plain rice this method for my kids at 5.30 then this for me and Neil around 7.30. Love it.
NB when preparing ingredients those in the same colour can be mixed in the same bowl as they are used in the cooking process at the same time. Those in black are to remain separate
- A mug full of rice for two people or two mugs for four people it can be white, basmati, long grain, short grain. (Doesnt work for brown experimenting as we speak)
- 1 tsp Turmeric.
- 1 small onion.
- 2 tbsp dessicated coconut.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
Easy Microwave Rice.
- Wash the rice 3 times.
- Pop the rice in a bowl that is microwave friendly with a loose lid so air can escape and measure 1″ from the top of the rice. Fill to here with water.
- To measure without a ruler put your finger on the top of the rice and the water level should just be under your first knuckle. (that easy doesnt matter on the size of the bowl it works. Unbelievably it works. (well so far it worked for me but this was my third time) make sure your bowl has high enough sides to cope with the rice and water.
- Sprinkle the turmeric on to the water and a veg stock cube and put it on high in the microwave for 9 minutes. Once it stopped leave undisturbed for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat a small pan medium high heat, add a small amount of oil fry the onions, garlic, untill starting to brown then add the desiccated coconut & season. Fry until the onions and coconut are brown and starting to crisp. (if you smell burning coconut stop remove from heat).
- Once the rice has stood remove lid stir in the onions and coconut and serve.
Serve with whatever you fancy, I served this originally with Caribbean Pork and Mango.
NB: This is posted under Milk/Egg/Soya/Tomato/Gluten free and Paleo.
To make this dish a healthy bite read this first http://www.hotpothoney.co.uk/healthy-bites-in-the-slow-cooker/