Healthy Eating with The Hot Pot Honey
Any Recipes that have a link back to this page can be use as part of a weight loss program or healthy eating for example: you can use these as part of the Body By Vi Diet Or General Healthy Eating.
Here is a list of things you may need to change in the recipe in order for it to become a Healthy Option.
- Don’t serve bread instead serve with a Jacket potato, Cous cous, Quinoa, Spaghetti, Tagliatelle or any other grain food.
- If the recipe calls for oil use fry light. There are other low fat brands so use the one that suits you.
- Replace Pasta with Brown (wholewheat) pasta.
- Replace White rice With brown rice.
- Meats, use lean Meats and always remove the fat first. Then brown your meat before using in the slow cooker.(the browning removes a lot of fat)
- Replace Mince with extra lean mince.
- Don’t pig out, Portion control what you can carry in your two hands is perfect for a evening meal. (This is a guide I don’t expect you to serve everyone’s dinner in their hands and then put on the plate, it could be fun tho!)
- Dumplings leave out or make a special small one (everyone’s got to have a treat).
- Wine, Beer, spirits, sorry guys but you would have to leave this out and use stock same quantity instead (the odd occassion won’t hurt tho).
- Served with a swirl of cream replace with a swirl of fat free yogurt or fat free fromage frais.
- Gravy don’t make this with the meat fats in the pot instead make up a stock pot or ready mix gravy and limit amount.
- Flour Just don’t use it its only really used to thicken or on the meat leave it out it won’t affect taste just consistency. Or thicken with rice flour.
Basic stock cubes are fine. Home made can be a little to fatty. Depending how you make it.
Other than the above the recipes I have added to the healthy bites category, are just that a Healthy choice.
I have only just started to edit my healthy bite Category, pls hang on while I catch up. I think I have added 19 so far.