Details: Prep Time = 15 minutes. Cooking Time = 6-8 hrs low Serves = 4 as Main 6 as starter
Another kids favorite my kids love soup, any soup mom we want soup soup soup.
Another great winter warmer Neil loved It too even tho I totally burnt Neil’s, I feed me and the kids at 5.30 then Turned to soup to warm as Neil wouldn’t be back until 7. Well that’s what I thought. whoops I turned it to high leaving the blended soup on high and as there was only a little in the bottom left it burnt up the sides and slightly tainted the soup.
NB when preparing ingredients those in the same colour can be mixed in the same bowl as they are used in the cooking process at the same time. Those in black are to remain separate.
- 500g Potatoes. About 5-8 average potato. Chopped into Sm bite sized chunks.
- 500g Leeks. About 2-3 whole leeks.
- 2 Carrots chopped in slices.
- 2 celery sticks. Chopped in slices.
- 1 clove Garlic smashed and chopped roughly.
- 500 ml veg or chicken stock, I used veg.
- 1/2 tsp Majoram.
Always lightly oil the Hot Pot before use this helps with cleaning and preservation of the Hot Pot.
- To the Hot Pot/Slow cooker add the Potatoes, Leeks, Carrots, Celery, Garlic, Stock and Majoram.
- Cover on low for 6-8 hrs making sure potatoes are cooked through.
- Blend in your usual way. Personally I turn of the slow cooker allow to cool a little. Blend with a stick blender in the pot. If you do this be careful it can splash and is very hot still.
- Chop up fresh parsley and sprinkle on top or let the individuals add what they like.
I serve this with fresh bread.
NB: This is posted under Milk/Egg/Tomato/Soya and Gluten free. For Gluten free dont serve with bread or use a alternative bread there are lots on the market now.