Details: Prep Time = 10 minutes. Cooking Time = 6-8 hrs on low Serves = 4/5
A classic one pot, so simple any veg you like just mix it up and enjoy, Kids love it everyone loves it.
NB when preparing ingredients those in the same colour can be mixed in the same bowl as they are used in the cooking process at the same time. Those in black are to remain separate.
- 4-5 Potatoes. chopped into bite sized chunks.
- 1 tbls of Oil to cook, May need more less use as little as you can.
- 750 g beef mince.
- 3 Carrots sliced.
- 300 ml red wine.
- 200 ml Beef stock. use two stock cubes or crumble them in and juts used Boiling water.
- 1-2 Onion Chopped finely.
- 2 bay leaves
- 200 g green beans chopped.
Always lightly oil the Hot Pot before use this helps with cleaning and preservation of the Hot Pot.
- Put the potatoes into the slow cooker/hot pot.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy sided frying pan medium high heat, Add the Mince fry until brown remove with a slotted spoon and add to the Slow Cooker/Hot Pot. Turn on low. Remove the fat from the frying pan with a slice or two of bread and put out for the birds.
- Add the Carrots, red wine and beef stock.
- Fry the onions until soft add to the pot stir well. Season well, add the bay leaves and cover on low. 6-8 hrs.
- 40 minutes before eating stir in the green beans. Re cover on low.
I serve this with Nothing at all could be served with a slice of bread but its perfect on its own.
NB: This is posted under Milk/Egg/Tomato/Soya/Gluten free.
To make this a healthy meal that may aid in weight loss see here http://www.hotpothoney.co.uk/healthy-bites-in-the-slow-cooker/