Details: Prep Time = 10 minutes. Cooking Time = 6-8 hrs on low. Serves = 4
I haven’t posted for ages, using pregnancy as an excuse, I need my rest, cant stay up and blog. Is that good enough umm perhaps not now i’m in my 2nd trimester and i’m feeling more sprightly. I have still been cooking so I have certainly got a good 5 or more recipes to add, Little and often is my new motto.
This dish is soooooo simple and so good. Especially with the salad as a contrast in flavors the fresh mint and mango are such a good mix.
I didn’t brown the turkey first today, I really should have! if only for aesthetics. (I generally do prefer to brown but I was feeling lazy!) While it cooked, small unsealed parts of the turkey separated and floated in the mix. This really ruined the look of the dish, I mean it really did. SO please please brown the turkey, that’s the as hard as this dish gets.
NB when preparing ingredients those in the same colour can be mixed in the same bowl as they are used in the cooking process at the same time. Those in black are to remain separate.
- 1 tbls of Oil to cook, May need more less use as little as you can.
- 500g Turkey Breast. diced
- 1 Onion Chopped finely.
- 2 tsp of Hot Chill Sauce. (I used Very Hot Green Chilli sauce By East End as its free from the main allergy’s) 2 gave it a nice kick.
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin.
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon.
- 400 g Tin of chickpeas. Drained.
- 300 ml to 400 ml of chicken stock. (Don’t make it too watery, look as your adding it its just a guide) Look at my before pic for help.
- a Handful of fresh coriander chopped. (again a guide you wont go wrong)
- 14 dried apricots halved.
Always lightly oil the Hot Pot before use this helps with cleaning and preservation of the Hot Pot.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy sided frying pan medium high heat, add the Turkey and brown on all sides.
- Meanwhile add the Onion, Chilli sauce, Cumin, Cinnamon and Chickpeas. Turn the Hot Pot – Slow cooker on low.
- Add the turkey to the Slow cooker and stir it all together. Cover on low for 6-8 hrs.
- 15 Minutes before serving throw in the Apricots and coriander stir and cover again.
- Serve Hot on the Salad.
I serve this with a Mint & Mango, Bulgar wheat salad See here for recipe: http://www.hotpothoney.co.uk/a-mango-mint-bulgar-wheat-salad-a-great-side-for-lots-of-dishes-not-slow-cooked/
NB: This is posted under Milk/Egg/Tomato/paleo/Gluten and Soya free. For Paleo and Gluten free serve with Rice noodles/Quinoa you could still use the other salad ingredients. (NB Quinoa is not classed as Gluten But you will have to check if you can eat it if allergy’s are present.) FYI Its pronounce Kin Wah.