Details: Prep Time = 10 minutes. Cooking Time = N/A Serves =4
Not slow cooked however the recipe has been requested so here it is so simple. enjoy. You can add Romanian heart lettuce to this recipe, and some Parsley Like a Tabbouleh.
Tabbouleh often has tomatoes and always has parsley and mint. Mix it up a bit use what you have. As long as there is mango, mint, red onion and lemon juice it will be fab.
I have made it with dried mint but its no way as delicious get fresh if you can.
NB when preparing ingredients those in the same colour can be mixed in the same bowl as they are used in the cooking process at the same time. Those in black are to remain separate.
- 1/2 a red onion. Chopped finely.
- 1/2 Cucumber. Chopped finely.
- 1 whole mango. Cubed.
- A big Handful of fresh Mint leaves Roughly Chopped.
- The Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Drizzel of olive oil.
- 125 g of Bulgar wheat. (as an alternative for dietary reasons you could use rice noodles, rice, red lentils or Quinoa instead.)
- Put the onion, cucumber, mango, mint,lemon juice in a bowl and drizzle on some olive oil stir well. Add a little salt and pepper (taste it, its already good.)
- Boil the Bulgar wheat in about 600 ml water for at least 15 minutes. Drain well.
- Mix into the mango mix.
Its ready to serve. I serve this with lots of things. Go for it.
NB: This is posted under Milk/Egg/Tomato/paleo/Gluten and Soya free. For Paleo and Gluten free serve mixed with rice noodles/Red lentils/rice or Quinoa you could still use the other salad ingredients. (NB Quinoa is not classed as Gluten But you will have to check if you personally can eat it if allergy’s are present.) FYI Its pronounce Kin Wah.