Details: Prep Time = 15 minutes. Cooking Time = 4-6hrs low Serves =4
This tasted delicious and I have to admit I over cooked it by 3 hrs so excuse my picture, I really wouldn’t recommend over cooking. The dish still tasted amazing however it was over cooked and would have been so much nice 3 hrs before. Sometimes life gets in the way and you have to change plans. This happened to us, on the positive It was ready for us to eat after an unusual afternoon no hassle ready to eat tea. Love the slow cooker for that.
I also fed this the kids the next day for lunch (and me) as its was half term. I served it them with polenta. My funny 3 yr old was adamant the polenta was potato. He wouldn’t have it that it wasn’t potato bless his socks.
NB when preparing ingredients those in the same colour can be mixed in the same bowl as they are used in the cooking process at the same time. Those in black are to remain separate.
- 1 tbsp of Oil to cook, May need more less use as little as you can.
- 1 Aubergine diced.
- 1 Courgette Diced.
- 4 vine ripe tomatoes.
- 2 tbsp Red wine vinegar.
- 1 tsp sugar.
- 2 tbsp of Mixed Italian Seasoning.
- 1 Onion Chopped roughly.
- 3 Garlic cloves crushed and chopped.
- 1 red pepper chopped in chunks.
Always lightly oil the Hot Pot before use this helps with cleaning and preservation of the Hot Pot.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy sided frying pan medium high heat, Add the aubergine and fry. Until slightly browned.
- Meanwhile add to the Slow Cooker/Hot Pot the courgette, tomatoes, red wine vinegar, sugar and Mixed Italian seasoning.
- Add the aubergine.
- Fry the onions and garlic until soft. Add to the pot.
- around hr before eating stir in the red peppers.
- Stir well leave on low for 4-6 hrs low.
I serve this with Salad and polenta.
To use this as a meal that may help aid in a weight loss plan read here first http://www.hotpothoney.co.uk/healthy-bites-in-the-slow-cooker/
NB: This is posted under Milk/Egg/Soya and Gluten free. For gluten free serve with a jacket potato or rice.