Details: Prep Time = 15 minutes Cooking Time = 2 hrs Serves=4
This is a simple healthy and good for all the family dish. The whole family guzzled this down much to my surprise. I asked my 5 yr old if she enjoyed it and she said yes mommy?? She always eats her dinners all up but often says, after its all gone, Pls don’t cook that again mommy. Crazy Kid. My Milk free boy ate this too.
This is a backdated recipe and you will see I forgot the Green Peppers in this one but thats how I made it first time, it wasn’t as good make sure the green peepers are in there. I will update a picture when I next make it.
As we have been eating so well recently, we all had chippy tea. First time we have done that as a family but pukka Pies are milk and egg free incase you ever get asked in a pub quiz.
NB when preparing ingredients those in the same colour can be mixed in the same bowl as they are used in the cooking process at the same time. Those in black are to remain separate.
- 2 tbls of Oil to cook
- 1 Onion Chopped finely
- 500g diced Turkey (breast would be best as a short cooking time.)
- 1.5 Carrots chopped into chunks.
- 1 Green pepper cut into mouth sized strips.
- 2 sticks of celery Sliced.
- 200g Medium size Mushrooms Quartered.
- 175g Basmati Rice.
- 450 ml chicken stock.
- 2.5 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
Always oil the Hot Pot before use this helps with cleaning and preservation of the Hot Pot.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy sided frying pan medium high heat,Add the Onion and soften 1-2 minutes(not too much, you want a crunch) Now ad the Turkey and brown for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Add the Carrot, Pepper, Celery, Mushrooms and Rice into the Hot Pot, then add the Turkey and onions Season well and mix it all up.
- Pour on the chicken stock and soy sauce and leave on high for two hrs. Check this around 1.5 hrs and keep a eye until rice is done. Fluff with a fork and serve. Add the soy sauce to the table as different tastes may require a splash more. Don’t leave out the soy sauce it brings this dish alive.
I serve this as it is with a splash of soy sauce.
NB: This is posted under Turkey, Milk/Egg/Tomato/Gluten free, and Paleo.