Details: Prep Time = 15 Minutes. Cooking Time = 4-6 hrs Serves=4
I think blogging is taking over my life, I don’t even know if anyone reads this but to be honest I love the cooking side of it, Perhaps I should just add two recipes a week now there are over 30 Recipes to chose from. My first post which has never been published Yet was the 29th March 8 weeks Ago and I now have 32 posts on here thats, 4 per week however I also had a week away during that time so thats 4.5 per week. During this time Neil has become addicted to an Ipad game and when we talk its about Hot pots or gaming. Geek central. (No its not Candy Crush).
I had another shopping disaster I ordered 1 beef steak instead of four, Three would’ve done as the little ones don’t eat as much but 1, when will I learn. Just rubbish at ordering in weight.
When it comes to rolling a tortilla we tend to clash (me & Neil) as to who has best method of rolling. Mine is clearly superior as nothing falls out but he has a point that the last mouthful is as good as the first in his method. I refuse to change is it just a boy way and a girl way?
In past I have rubbed the chilli, cumin, cinnamon and garlic into the steaks and just fried the onion add the tomatoes & then poured the tomatoes & onion mix on the meat. I can’t decide what I liked best. Will keep you posted. Or let me know what you think?
NB when preparing ingredients those in the same colour can be mixed in the same bowl as they are used in the cooking process at the same time. Those in black are to remain separate.
- 2 tbls of Oil to cook.
- 1 Onion Chopped finely.
- 3 cloves Garlic Crushed (or chopped finely).
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon.
- 1 Chilli chopped finely Strength to suit your tastes.
- 1 tsp Cumin Ground.
- 400g Tin Chopped Tomatoes. (or fresh it just takes longer to break down)
- 4 Beef steaks, keep them cheap ie Braising steak, they will be shredded at the end. (I used 1 steak and diced beef due to a shopping error) its easier to shred steaks.
- Tortillas. (dairy free check ingredients most are suitable)
- Rocket leaf. (You could use any leaf these are the two I recommend)
- Baby Spinach.
- Sour Cream. (for Dairy free leave this out or replace with alpro soya cream, or oatly if soya free too) my lad finds its juice enough with the tomato mix.
Always oil the Hot Pot before use this helps with cleaning and preservation of the Hot Pot.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy sided frying pan medium high heat, Add the Onion & Garlic fry till soft then add the Cinnamon, Chilli, Cumin. Fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in the tomatoes and season. Bring to the boil.
- Add the steaks to the Hot Pot. Pour the Tomato, Onion, spice mix all over. Cook on low for 4-6 hrs.
- Remove Steak and Shred add the tomato mix to a bowl.
- Heat the wraps add shredded Beef, Some Tomato Mix, salad leaves and sour Cream (if Using) roll them up and enjoy.
NB: This is posted under Milk, soya and Egg free.
To turn this into a perfect evening meal for a weight loss plan read this: http://www.hotpothoney.co.uk/healthy-bites-in-the-slow-cooker/