Details: Prep Time = 10 minutes. Cooking Time = 6-8 low 4-5 high Serves =4
How easy! I so love easy, This recipe was inspired from someone who uses my site and is a follower of The Hot Pot Honey on Face book, she is often cooking up a pot. I love learning new ideas so thank you Linda Robinson for the insperation for this delicious and simple dish.
If you want to share recipes and seek advise and share photos pls take a look at the face book page “slow cooking with the hot pot honey and friends” where you will find ideas been shared everyday lots and of insperation, feel free to add your own recipes to the files and have a chat with other pot heads.
NB when preparing ingredients those in the same colour can be mixed in the same bowl as they are used in the cooking process at the same time. Those in black are to remain separate.
- 500 ml of chicken thigh. diced (or breast thigh is so tasty in the slow cooker and no pre browning required. If using breast pre brown)
- Juice of:
- Half a Lime (Save other half as garnish)
- Half a Orange (eat the other half as a morning snack)
- Half a Lemon (Save other half as garnish)
- 2 tsp Chilli powder (I used mild as the kids where eating this)
- 2 tbsp of Praprika.
- 1 Red Pepper Bite Sized.
- 1 tbls of Oil to cook, May need more less use as little as you can.
- 1 Onion Chopped finely
- 1 Green Bird’s Eye chilli. De-seeded (kids) and chopped finely.
- fresh mint to garnish
Always lightly oil the Hot Pot before use this helps with cleaning and preservation of the Hot Pot.
- Put the Chicken, Citrus juices, chilli powder, paprika, and red pepper into the slow cooker turn on low.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy sided frying pan medium high heat, Add the onion and chilli and fry for a few minutes until aromatic (dont let the onion burn it loses its sweetness.) Add this to the slow cooker – hot pot. Cover on low for 6-8 hrs, high for 4-5.
- Serve on a bed of rice and squeeze the fresh lime and lemon juice on it to your taste.
I serve this on a bed of rice with a squeeze of the lime and lemon juice a hint of mint would go nicely with this too so rip up some fresh mint and add that to your dish.
NB: This is posted under Milk/Egg/Tomato/Soya/Gluten free, and Paleo.
To use this as a part of a weight loss diet read this before cooking http://www.hotpothoney.co.uk/healthy-bites-in-the-slow-cooker/