Details: Prep Time = 10 minutes. ( I recommend marinating overnight.) Cooking Time = 6-8hrs Serves = 4
My kids ate every single bit, I enjoyed it its still not quite 100% the flavor I was after so work in progress. Next I want to attempt wine salt and chilli chicken. Im thinking of battering the chicken strips too (egg and dairy free). Tho I have absolutely no idea how to do this right now. I also want to attempt a yuck sung so I could create starter and main. The kids would enjoy the novelty of a yuck sung. That could be next weeks challenge.
NB when preparing ingredients those in the same colour can be mixed in the same bowl as they are used in the cooking process at the same time. Those in black are to remain separate.
- 100 ml White Wine.
- 1 inch fresh ginger finely chopped.
- 2 cloves Garlic smashed and chopped roughly,
- Pinch of salt.
- 1 tsp White Pepper.
- 2 tsp Chinese Five Spice.
- 12 Pork Ribs.
- 1 Onion Chopped into strips.
- 1 Green Pepper sliced into strips.
- 4 spring onions shredded.
Always lightly oil the Hot Pot before use this helps with cleaning and preservation of the Hot Pot.
- In a measuring jug add the Wine, Ginger, Garlic, Salt, white pepper and 5 spice. Stir well.
- Put the ribs into a bowl, and pour over the mixture cover and marinate overnight.
- In the morning put everything into the Hot Pot/Slow cooker. Turn on low. 6-8 hrs.
- 1 hr before serving add the onions and Green Pepper. Stir. Cook for a hr.
- Serve and Sprinkle with shredded spring onion.
For chips peel and cut up 3 potatoes and 2 Sweet potatoes. Into thin chips Pop into a bag and drizzle with olive oil season well and 2 tsp of paprika. shake well. Turn to gas mark 7 and cook for 30 -40 minutes. (NB chop the normal potatoes slightly thicker as they cook slower.)
I serve this with Paprika chips and salad.
NB: This is posted under Milk/Egg/Tomato/Soya/Gluten free.
To turn this into a suitable meal for weight loss plans follow the guidelines here. http://www.hotpothoney.co.uk/healthy-bites-in-the-slow-cooker/